PROCESS CHECKS JUST LIKE A CREDIT CARD!
Changing Paper Checks to an Electronic Item Benefits You and Your Customers.
Now you can take advantage of electronic commerce to increase employee productivity and to improve customer service. Electronic Check Conversion (ECC) converts a traditional paper check into an electronic item at point-of-sale and processes it through the Federal Reserve's Automated Clearing House (ACH).
Electronic Check Conversion saves time and money while reducing the risks of NSF checks. A check is now as hassle-free as a credit card transaction. It's more efficient and secure. And it lets you focus more on your business and taking care of your customers.
Ending the Paper Trail with ECC...
During the 1980s, technology revolutionized the payments world. No one uses a manual imprinter to accept credit cards any longer. Instead, merchants handle credit card transactions through EFT (Electronic Funds Transfers) using VeriFone or similar terminals. Paper checks have remained non-automated...until now!
Here's how ECC? works:When a customer makes payment with a check, it is stamped as an electronic item. The paper check is then run through a check reader where MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) information is captured. The amount is entered on a terminal keypad. The check is verified against a negative database for acceptance. Assuming the check is approved, a receipt is printed for the check writer to sign authorizing the electronic conversion and recovery, if required.
The transaction is electronically transferred through the ACH system where funds are debited directly from the customer's account and deposited automatically into the merchant's account usually within 48 hours.
Electronic Check Conversion Works Harder!
- Faster check processing.
- Bank consolidation: funds can be centralized, while converted at each retail location.
- Checks are electronically deposited in your account. No more trips to the bank. No more check deposit slips to complete.
- NSF and other returned items are discovered faster, expediting the collection process.
- Quick detection of check fraud reduces your exposure to the intentional bad check writer.
- Eliminates lost or stolen checks before deposit.
- Check verification at no additional cost.
- Immediate reports through each point-of-sale terminal.
- Reporting and tracking from database accessible to the merchant 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Examples of ECC Merchant Reporting:
Electronic Check Conversion with eZCheckNet
When your customer pays by check, which is converted to an electronic item at the point-of-sale, occasionally those items may be returned for various reasons. With eZCheckNet, you have an added advantage: our automated electronic recovery system, eZCheckNet.
- Eliminates NSF bank fees.
- Collected and released checks are paid twice monthly
- Helps retain your customers with "behind the scenes" recovery rather than the traditional annoying calls and letters.
- Your customer avoids the embarrassment of having to deal with a "bounced" check!